Welcome
Welcome to plantarfibroma

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Dupuytren's Disease and Related Hyperproliferative Disorders

Discuss here any news or scientific details or research that you are aware of on Plantar Fibromas

Dupuytren's Disease and Related Hyperproliferative Disorders

Postby Gary1987 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:51 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dupuytrens-Disease-Related-Hyperproliferative-Disorders/dp/3642226965/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1326815426&sr=1-3

There is a new book coming out soon which will have lots of information on the various diseases. However it is a tad expensive.
Gary1987
Site Admin

Re: Dupuytren's Disease and Related Hyperproliferative Disor

Postby Gary1987 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 pm

I have been lucky enough to be given this book and it is full of useful information, I imagine that I am going to be using it to make loads of (hopefully) great and insightful blog posts.
Gary1987
Site Admin

Postby peekaboo64 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

I have been sick and havent been in the mood to get on here. I am glad you have the book and I cant wait to hear some of the information thats in it. !!
peekaboo64

Postby Gary1987 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:20 am

I am sorry to hear that you have not been well. Fingers crossed that you are better now and if not that you are better soon. You are being missed round here and I look forward hearing your opinion on my posts from the book :-)
Gary1987
Site Admin

Postby Snapdragon » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:53 pm

I have "knuckle pads," which I think is a manifestation of Dupuytren’s disease. Though not disabling at this point, it is somewhat anxiety-provoking not knowing if these conditions will lead to disability down the road.
Snapdragon

Postby hurriedh » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm

If I already have Ledderhose is it unlikely that I will get Dupuytren's? Do you usually start with the hand disorder before the feet?
Also, before the bumps showed up on my right foot I seem to remember the arch burning, like strained arches. Now I have that same burning on my left arch. Could this be because the bumps are going to develop on the left foot or is the burning probably unrelated? Thankful for this site.
hurriedh

Postby Gary1987 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:18 pm

I do not think that there is a specific order of onset. As they are produced because of problems with similar pathways it is just a case that if you have one you have an increased risk of the other.

The burning may or not be related. I have heard patients mention it, at the same time it could be plantar fasciitis.

All the best and any more questions let me know.
Gary1987
Site Admin

Postby linacornelia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 pm

I am new here, have been diagn. with ledderhose disease in both feet, I have knuckle pads and history of trigger fingers, with nodules in R hand operated 7 yrs ago. these days R hand is very scarred, fingers straight but deep in bones (or tendons) often painful and stinging.
What is best for painful fibromata in feet, i have difficulty walking, esp, R foot painful.
linacornelia

Postby Gary1987 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:59 pm

I was at the point I was using a walking stick before I had radiotherapy. 6 months after treatment I stopped using the stick and a year after I was running 5k.

Any questions then please ask.

Thanks,

Gary

http://ledderhose.blogspot.co.uk/
Gary1987
Site Admin

Return to About Plantar Fibromas